Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 56. Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Section 810. Senior Citizens Housing Development.
previous: Section 800
. Declaration of Purpose.
next: Section 850
. Home Energy Conservation and Weatherization Program.
AS 18.56.810. Senior Citizens Housing Development.
- (a) There is created in the corporation a senior citizens housing development fund. Subject to direct appropriation or
through proceeds of a bond issue, the corporation shall make grants to municipalities or public or private nonprofit
corporations designated as tax exempt under 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3) and (4) (Internal Revenue Code of 1954) for the purpose
of developing senior citizen housing. A grant from the proceeds of a bond issue may be made only to municipalities.
- (b) Application for a grant under (a) of this section shall be in the form prescribed by the corporation. The application
- (1) shall demonstrate the need for senior citizen housing in the area to be served and the feasibility of the proposed
- (2) must include an adequate management plan that shall demonstrate the ability of the eligible recipient to sustain the
- (c) A senior citizen housing project developed under this section
- (1) shall be prepared in accordance with facility procurement policies developed by the Department of Transportation and
Public Facilities under AS 35.10.160
- 35.10.200; and
- (2) is a public facility under AS 35.10.160
- (d) The corporation shall adopt regulations to carry out the purposes of this section. The provisions of AS 18.56.088
(a) and (b) apply to regulations adopted under this section.
- (e) In this section, "senior citizen housing" has the meaning given "senior housing" in AS 18.56.799
Article 06. ENERGY CONSERVATION
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.