- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 8. Oil and Hazardous Substance Releases
- Section 60. Report.
previous: Section 50
. Records of the Fund.
next: Section 70
. Reimbursement For Containment and Cleanup.
AS 46.08.060. Report.
- (a) The commissioner shall make available a report to the legislature not later than the 10th day following the convening
of each first regular session of the legislature. The commissioner shall notify the legislature that the report is
available. The report may include information considered significant by the commissioner but must include
- (1) the amount of money expended by the department under AS 46.08.040(a) during the preceding two fiscal years;
- (2) the amount and source of money received and money recovered by or on behalf of the department during the preceding two
fiscal years under
- (A) AS 46.08.020
- (B) AS 46.08.025
- (3) a summary of municipal participation in the department's responses that were paid for by the fund;
- (4) a detailed summary of department activities in responses paid for by the fund during the preceding two fiscal years,
including response descriptions and statements outlining the nature of the threat; in this paragraph, "detailed"
includes information describing each personal services position and total compensation for that position, each contract
in excess of $10,000, and each purchase in excess of $10,000; and
- (5) the projected cost to the department for the next two fiscal years of monitoring, operating, and maintaining sites
where response has been completed or is expected to be continued during the next two fiscal years.
- (b) As part of the department's on-going identification efforts associated with oil spill or hazardous substance release
or waste sites, the commissioner shall include in the report under this section
- (1) the number of sites that are included in the department's contaminated sites data base, whether the site is active or
- (2) a prioritized listing of those sites, both statewide and by community, based on the immediate and long-term threats to
the public health or welfare or to the environment.
- (c) In addition to the department's report required under (a) of this section, the governor shall submit a report about
use of the fund during the previous two fiscal years to the legislature not later than the 10th day following the
convening of each first regular session of the legislature. In the report, the governor shall describe in detail the
governor's use of money from the fund, with separate explanations, by agency, of the activities that were paid for
under the authority of AS 46.08.045
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.