- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 8. Oil and Hazardous Substance Releases
- Section 20. Financing of the Oil and Hazardous Substance Release Prevention Account; Prevention Mitigation Account.
previous: Section 10
. Fund Established.
next: Section 25
. Financing of the Oil and Hazardous Substance Release Response Account; Release Mitigation Account.
AS 46.08.020. Financing of the Oil and Hazardous Substance Release Prevention Account; Prevention Mitigation Account.
- (a) The legislature may appropriate from the following sources to the prevention account in the fund:
- (1) the annual estimated balance of the account maintained under AS 37.05.142 for deposits into the general fund of the
proceeds of the oil conservation surcharge levied by AS 43.55.300
- (2) money received from other state sources, from federal or other sources, or from a private donor;
- (3) money recovered or otherwise received from parties responsible for the containment and cleanup of oil or a hazardous
substance at a specific site, but excluding money
- (A) from performance bonds and other forms of financial responsibility held in escrow pending satisfactory performance of
a privately financed response action; and
- (B) described in AS 46.08.025
- (4) fines, penalties, or damages recovered under AS 46.08.005
- 46.08.080 or other law for costs incurred by the
state as a result of the release or threatened release of oil or a hazardous substance; and
- (5) the interest earned on the balance of the accounts maintained under AS 37.05.142
for deposits into the general fund from the proceeds of the surcharges levied under AS 43.55.201
- (b) Money received by the state under (a)(2) - (5) of this section shall be deposited in the general fund and credited to
a special account called the "oil and hazardous substance release prevention mitigation account." The legislature may
annually appropriate to the prevention account in the fund from the prevention mitigation account a sum equal to the
amount received under (a)(2) - (5) of this section during the calendar year preceding the legislative session in which
the appropriations are to be made.
- (c) The interest earned on the balances of each of the following accounts shall be deposited into the general fund and
credited to the prevention account in the fund:
- (1) the prevention account;
- (2) the prevention mitigation account;
- (3) the response account; and
- (4) the response mitigation account.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.