- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 55. Oil and Gas Production Tax and Oil Surcharge
- Section 201. Surcharge Levied.
previous: Section 200
. Surcharge Levied. [Repealed, Sec. 43 Ch 128 SLA 1994].
next: Section 210
. Disposition of Proceeds of Surcharge. [Repealed, Sec. 43 Ch 128 SLA 1994].
AS 43.55.201. Surcharge Levied.
- (a) Every producer of oil shall pay a surcharge of $.01 per barrel of oil produced from each lease or property in the
state, less any oil the ownership or right to which is exempt from taxation.
- (b) The surcharge imposed by (a) of this section is in addition to the tax imposed
by AS 43.55.011 and is due on the last day of the month on oil produced
from each lease or property during the preceding month. The surcharge is in addition to the surcharge
imposed by AS 43.55.300 - 43.55.310.
- (c) A producer of oil shall make a report of production on March 31 of the year following the calendar year of
poduction and in the same manner and under the same penalties as required under
AS 43.55.011 - 43.55.180.
- (d) Oil not considered under AS 43.55.020 (e) to be produced from a lease or property is not considered to
be produced from a lease or property for purposes of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.