- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 45. Trade Practices
- Section 760. Civil Action.
previous: Section 750
. Prohibited Terms.
next: Section 770
AS 45.45.760. Civil Action.
- (a) A dealer may bring an action in court against a distributor if the distributor engages in activity prohibited under AS
- (b) In an action brought under (a) of this section, the dealer may obtain one or more of the following types of relief
that apply to the specific action of the dealer:
- (1) damages suffered by the dealer as a result of the activity;
- (2) an injunction enjoining the distributor from engaging in the activity;
- (3) a requirement that the distributor make a payment or a purchase required by AS 45.45.700
- (4) any other relief determined by the court to be appropriate under the circumstances.
- (c) In this section, "activity prohibited under AS 45.45.700
- 45.45.790" means
- (1) coercion or attempted coercion under AS 45.45.700
- (2) terminating a distributorship agreement without paying the dealer as required by AS 45.45.710
- (3) failing to pay the dealer within the time established by AS 45.45.720;
- (4) failing to provide the statement of account as required by AS 45.45.720;
- (5) failing to make a repurchase payment required by AS 45.45.730
- (6) failing to make a purchase as required by AS 45.45.740
- (7) failing to make the reimbursement required by AS 45.45.740
- (8) violating AS 45.45.750
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.