- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 45. Trade Practices
- Section 740. Required Purchase, Reimbursement, and Supplies.
previous: Section 730
. Death or Disability of Dealer or Holder of Majority Interest in Dealer.
next: Section 750
. Prohibited Terms.
AS 45.45.740. Required Purchase, Reimbursement, and Supplies.
- (a) In addition to any purchase of merchandise required by AS 45.45.710, if a distributor terminates a distributorship
agreement or makes substantial changes in the competitive situation of the distributor's dealer with regard to
distribution of the merchandise or services that are the subject of the distribution agreement, the distributor shall
- (1) purchase that portion of the dealer's business directly affected by the distributorship agreement or the change,
including assets and machinery, at commercially reasonable business valuations; and
- (2) reimburse the dealer for the expenses that were necessarily incurred by the dealer
- (A) for that portion of the dealer's business covered by the distributorship agreement; and
- (B) during the 12 months before the termination or change.
- (b) In this section, "change" does not include making a price change that affects similarly situated dealers equally.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.