- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 45. Trade Practices
- Section 750. Prohibited Terms.
previous: Section 740
. Required Purchase, Reimbursement, and Supplies.
next: Section 760
. Civil Action.
AS 45.45.750. Prohibited Terms.
- (a) A distributor may not require a dealer to agree to any of the following terms in a distributorship agreement, or in
another agreement that is ancillary to a distributorship agreement, as a condition of an offer, grant, or renewal of a
distributorship agreement or ancillary agreement:
- (1) a requirement that the dealer waive a trial by jury in court cases involving the distributor;
- (2) a requirement that disputes between the distributor and the dealer be submitted to arbitration or to any other binding
alternate dispute resolution procedure, except authorization for the submission of a dispute to arbitration or to
binding alternative dispute resolution if the distributor and dealer voluntarily agree to submit the dispute to
arbitration or binding alternative dispute resolution when the dispute arises;
- (3) a requirement that the dealer pay the attorney fees of the distributor;
- (4) a requirement that prohibits a firearms dealer from selling firearms or related accessories, the sale of which is
otherwise legal, but which the firearms distributor does not manufacture or distribute; or
- (5) a requirement that the agreement be subject to the laws of a state other than Alaska.
- (b) The provisions of (a) of this section do not apply to an agreement where a lease or sale of real property is the main
purpose of the agreement.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.