- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 21. Department of Administration
- Section 330. Definitions.
previous: Section 320
. Telecommunications Operations.
next: Section 350
. Powers and Duties.
AS 44.21.330. Definitions.
In AS 44.21.305
- (1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of administration;
- (2) "department" means the Department of Administration;
- (3) "public broadcasting" means the delivery of radio or television noncommercial programming intended for the general
public by any method of telecommunications;
- (4) "public telecommunications" means telecommunications which serve public broadcasting, general educational,
instructional, medical, safety, emergency, or public participation functions;
- (5) "state agencies" means all departments, divisions, and offices in the executive branch of state government; it does
not mean an agency of the legislative or judicial branch of government or the University of Alaska;
- (6) "telecommunications" means the transmission and reception of messages, impressions, pictures, and signals by means of
electromagnetic transmission with or without benefit of a closed transmission medium including all instrumentalities,
facilities, apparatus, and services, whether conveyed by cable or wire, radiated through space, or transmitted through
other media within a specified area or between designated points;
- (7) "telecommunications systems" means those systems in which the principal service and functions are telecommunications.
Article 05. TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFORMATION
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.