- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 21. Department of Administration
- Section 320. Telecommunications Operations.
previous: Section 315
. Telecommunications Services.
next: Section 330
AS 44.21.320. Telecommunications Operations.
- (a) Except as provided in (d) of this section, the department may, consistent with the provisions of AS 44.21.310
- (1) plan, design, construct, manage, and operate all telecommunications systems owned or leased by state agencies;
- (2) manage centrex and other telephone-related services of state agencies;
- (3) be responsible generally for telecommunications systems and design for state agencies; and
- (4) coordinate with state agencies in performing their data and word processing tasks.
- (b) Within the limits of available financing, the department shall administer and operate the satellite television
- (1) coordinating with the satellite television user groups and entities; and
- (2) providing liaison, management support, and technical assistance for the satellite television project.
- (c) Decisions and policies relating to programming under the satellite television project, including scheduling and
allocation policies, may not be made by the department, but may only be made by a network that is representative of
participating rural television users, by commercial broadcast users, or by other affected participating user groups and
entities under procedures provided by statute or, if no statute applies, then by agreement of the affected user
networks or groups. The department shall assist users in preparing agreements that may be required under this
- (d) The department may not engage in any activity that interferes with a contract or program right relating to commercial
television programming, including but not limited to any right protected by copyright.
- (e) Nothing in AS 44.21.305
- 44.21.330 prohibits a state agency from developing
telecommunications systems within its own agency if the agency is in compliance with the state information systems plan
adopted by the commissioner and with the agency's own information systems plan and if the
commissioner gives written authorization for the agency to engage in its own design, development, management, or
operation. The commissioner may authorize independent development only upon a showing of necessity.
- (f) A state agency authorized to develop an internal telecommunications system shall, whenever feasible, coordinate its
design development, management, and operation with the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.