- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 21. Department of Administration
- Section 20. Duties of Department.
previous: Section 10
. Commissioner of Administration.
next: Section 25
. Contracts to Operate Vending Facilities in State Buildings. [Repealed, Sec. 62 Ch 21 SLA 1985].
AS 44.21.020. Duties of Department.
The Department of Administration shall
- (1) make surveys and studies to improve administrative procedures, methods, and organization;
- (2) keep general accounts;
- (3) approve vouchers and disburse funds for all purposes;
- (4) operate centralized purchasing and supply services, and necessary storerooms and warehouses;
- (5) allot space in state buildings to the various departments according to need and available space;
- (6) supervise telephone, mailing, messenger, duplicating, and similar services adaptable to centralized management;
- (7) administer the public employees' retirement system and teachers' retirement system;
- (8) administer a statewide personnel program, including central personnel services such as recruitment, assessment,
position classification, and pay administration;
- (9) administer and supervise a statewide automatic data processing program;
- (10) study, design, implement, and manage the telecommunications systems and services of the state under AS 44.21.305
- (11) provide administrative services to the Violent Crimes Compensation Board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.