- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 23. Permanent Fund Dividends
- Section 68. Claims On Defaulted Public Assistance Overpayment.
previous: Section 67
. Claims of Defaulted Education Loans.
next: Section 69
AS 43.23.068. Claims On Defaulted Public Assistance Overpayment.
- (a) AS 09.38 does not apply to permanent fund dividends taken under
AS 47.05.080(b). Notwithstanding AS 09.35, execution on a dividend claimed under AS 47.05.080
(b) is accomplished by delivering a certified claim to the department containing the following information:
- (1) the name and social security number of the individual whose dividend is being claimed;
- (2) the amount the individual owes on the overpayment claim; and
- (3) a statement that
- (A) the Department of Health and Social Services has notified the individual that future permanent fund dividends of the
individual will be taken to satisfy the overpayment claim;
- (B) the individual was notified of the right to request a hearing and allowed 30 days from the date of the notice under
(A) of this paragraph to request the Department of Health and Social Services to hold a hearing on the overpayment
- (C) the overpayment claim has not been contested, or, if contested, that the issue has been resolved in favor of the
Department of Health and Social Services; and
- (D) if the overpayment claim has been contested and resolved in favor of the Department of Health and Social Services, no
appeal is pending, the time limit for filing an appeal has expired, or the appeal has been resolved in favor of the
Department of Health and Social Services.
- (b) The Department of Health and Social Services shall notify the individual if a dividend is claimed under (a) of this
section. The notice shall be sent to the address provided in the individual's permanent fund dividend application and
must provide the following information:
- (1) the amount of the overpayment claim;
- (2) notice that the amount of the permanent fund dividend that does not exceed the amount of the overpayment claim shall
be paid to the Department of Health and Social Services; and
- (3) notification that the individual has a right to request a hearing and has 30 days from the date the notice is mailed
in which to file with the Department of Health and Social Services an objection to the dividend claim if a mistake has
- (c) AS 44.62.330
- 44.62.630 apply to a hearing requested by an
individual under (b)(3) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.