- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 14. Trust Funds
- Section 230. Powers and Duties of the Board.
previous: Section 225
. Trust Board Established.
next: Section 240
. Fund Utilization.
AS 37.14.230. Powers and Duties of the Board.
When acting as administrator of the trust, the board shall
- (1) hold regular and special meetings it considers necessary; the board may hold meetings by teleconference;
- (2) award grants from the net income of the trust to community-based programs and projects that the board finds will aid
in the prevention of child abuse and neglect;
- (3) monitor approved programs and projects for compliance with AS 37.14.200 - 37.14.270;
- (4) before providing assistance to a program or project, approve written findings on the program or project that include a
consideration of the means of measuring the effectiveness of the program or project;
- (5) apply for, and use net income from the trust to obtain, private and federal grants for the prevention of child abuse
- (6) solicit contributions, gifts, and bequests to the trust;
- (7) keep audio tape recordings of each meeting of the board to be made available on request; and
- (8) submit to the governor and make available to the legislature by February 1 each year a report describing
- (A) the child abuse and neglect prevention services that were provided by the programs and projects to which the board
awarded grants; and
- (B) the annual level of contributions, income, and expenses of the trust.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.