- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 14. Trust Funds
- Section 240. Fund Utilization.
previous: Section 230
. Powers and Duties of the Board.
next: Section 250
AS 37.14.240. Fund Utilization.
- (a) Except as provided in (d) of this section, the principal of the trust and any capital gains or losses realized on the
principal shall be retained perpetually in the trust for investment as specified in AS 37.14.210, and may not be used for the awarding of
- (b) The net income of the trust may be appropriated only for the following purposes:
- (1) the awarding of grants;
- (2) obtaining private and federal grants for the trust;
- (3) soliciting contributions, gifts, and bequests for the trust; and
- (4) reimbursement to the Department of Revenue for the costs of establishing the trust.
- (c) Realized net income that has not been appropriated, or that has been appropriated but not expended, shall be invested
until appropriated and expended.
- (d) Up to $150,000 per year may be appropriated from the principal of the trust for the administrative expenses of the
board relating to AS 37.14.200 - 37.14.270.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.