- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 71. General Provisions
- Section 50. Procurement Preferences For Recycled Alaska Products.
previous: Section 40
. Procurement Preference For State Agricultural and Fisheries Products.
next: Section 60
. Copyrights in Computer Software.
AS 29.71.050. Procurement Preferences For Recycled Alaska Products.
- (a) Alaska recycled products shall be used in municipal procurements when the products are of comparable quality, of
equivalent price, and appropriate for the intended use.
- (b) Unless the procurement is governed by AS 29.71.040
, in the evaluation of a bid or proposal for a procurement by a municipality, if a bid or proposal designates the use
of recycled Alaska products for the products identified in the contract specifications, and if the recycled Alaska
products meet the contract specifications, the bid or offer shall be decreased by the percentage of preference given to
the recycled Alaska products under AS 36.30.332
- (c) The contract specifications for a municipal procurement must include a provision that describes the preference granted
under (b) of this section.
- (d) If a successful bidder or offeror who receives the preference under (b) of this section fails to use the designated
recycled Alaska product for a reason within the control of the successful bidder or offeror, each payment under the
contract shall be reduced by the percentage reduction scheduled under AS 36.30.330
(a) for the classification the product has received under AS 36.30.332
- (e) In the evaluation of a bid or proposal for a municipal procurement, a person is not a responsible bidder or offeror
if, during two contracts for which the person received a preference under (b) of this section during the preceding
three years, the person failed to use the recycled Alaska product designated in the person's bids or proposals for the
contracts for reasons within the control of the bidder or offeror.
- (f) This section applies to home rule and general law municipalities.
- (g) In this section, "recycled Alaska product" has the meaning given in AS 36.30.338
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.