- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 71. General Provisions
- Section 40. Procurement Preference For State Agricultural and Fisheries Products.
previous: Section 30
. Taxation of Municipalities.
next: Section 50
. Procurement Preferences For Recycled Alaska Products.
AS 29.71.040. Procurement Preference For State Agricultural and Fisheries Products.
- (a) When agricultural products are purchased by a municipality that receives state money, only agricultural products
harvested in the state shall be purchased whenever priced no more than seven percent above products harvested outside
the state, available, and of like quality compared with agricultural products harvested outside the state.
- (b) When fisheries products are purchased by a municipality that receives state money, only fisheries products harvested
or processed within the jurisdiction of the state shall be purchased whenever priced no more than seven percent above
products harvested or processed outside the jurisdiction of the state, available, and of like quality compared with
fisheries products harvested or processed outside the jurisdiction of the state.
- (c) A solicitation by a municipality for the purchase of agricultural or fisheries products shall specify the requirement
that products harvested in the state shall be used where possible. If a municipality that receives state money
purchases agricultural or fisheries products harvested outside the state, the municipal officer responsible for the
purchase shall certify in writing the reasons that products harvested in the state were not purchased.
- (d) If a contractor fails to comply with this section, the municipality shall withhold payment until the contractor
complies. If a municipality fails to comply with this section, the state department responsible for disbursing state
money to the municipality shall withhold the money until the municipality complies.
- (e) An interested party, as defined in AS 36.30.699
, may seek administrative or judicial review of the award of a contract in violation of this section.
- (f) Compliance with this section is not required if an exception to this section is mandated for participation in a
- (g) This section applies to general law and home rule municipalities.
- (h) In this section,
- (1) "agricultural products" includes dairy products, timber and lumber, and products manufactured from timber and lumber;
- (2) "state money" includes state reimbursement to municipalities for school or related construction, foundation funding
for education, municipal assistance, revenue sharing, and state funds for capital projects.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.