- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 30. State Procurement Code
- Section 330. Penalty For Failing to Use Designated Products.
previous: Section 328
. Grant of Alaska Products Preference.
next: Section 331
. Delivery of Supplies.
AS 36.30.330. Penalty For Failing to Use Designated Products.
- (a) If a successful bidder or offeror who designates the use of an Alaska product in a bid or proposal for a procurement
for an agency fails to use the designated product for a reason within the control of the successful bidder or offeror,
each payment under the contract shall be reduced according to the following schedule:
- (1) for a Class I designated Alaska product - four percent;
- (2) for a Class II designated Alaska product - six percent;
- (3) for a Class III designated Alaska product - eight percent.
- (b) A person is not a responsible bidder or offeror if, in the preceding three years, the person has twice designated the
use of an Alaska product in a bid or proposal for a procurement for an agency and has each time failed to use the
designated Alaska product for reasons within the control of the bidder or offeror.
- (c) The procurement officer shall report to the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development each
contractor penalized under (a) of this section. The commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development shall
maintain a list of contractors determined not to be responsible bidders under (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.