Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 56. Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Section 700. Senior Housing Office.
previous: Section 650
. Low Cost and Low Income Multiple Family Housing Development Fund and Grants.
next: Section 710
. Senior Housing Revolving Fund.
AS 18.56.700. Senior Housing Office.
- (a) There is established in the corporation a senior housing office. The office shall promote a comprehensive response to
the needs of senior citizens for adequate, accessible, secure, and affordable housing in the state. In order to fulfill
this purpose, the office may
- (1) study the needs of senior citizens in the state for housing to meet their needs;
- (2) seek financial assistance from appropriate sources for the development of housing alternatives for senior citizens;
- (3) administer the senior housing loan program established under AS 18.56.700 - 18.56.799;
- (4) cooperate and coordinate with other public and private agencies to respond to the housing needs of senior citizens;
- (5) offer public education programs to increase the awareness of alternatives to large residential facilities for senior
- (6) provide information to senior citizens to help them understand their financial alternatives related to homes they
might already own and to help them coordinate with other senior citizens in finding housing alternatives, including
information and coordination on home equity conversion and home sharing; and
- (7) disseminate information to construction contractors to educate them about remodeling projects that would meet the
needs of many senior citizens for accessible and secure housing.
- (b) In order to avoid duplication of efforts and to benefit from the commission's expertise, the office shall consult with
the Alaska Commission on Aging in the performance of the office's duties under AS 18.56.700 - 18.56.799 so that the housing needs of senior citizens
can be met most efficiently and effectively.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.