Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 5. Administration of Public Health and Related Laws
- Section 40. Regulations.
previous: Section 37
. Fetal Health Effects Information.
next: Section 42
. Access to Health Care Records.
AS 18.05.040. Regulations.
- (a) The commissioner shall adopt regulations consistent with existing law for
- (1) the time, manner, information to be reported, and persons responsible for reporting for each disease or
other condition of public health importance on the list developed under AS 18.15.370 ;
- (2) cooperation with local boards of health and health officers;
- (3) protection and promotion of the public health and prevention of disability and mortality;
- (4) the transportation of dead bodies, except that the commissioner may not require that a dead body be embalmed
unless the body is known to carry a communicable disease or embalmment is otherwise required for the protection of the public health or
for compliance with federal law;
- (5) carrying out the purposes of this chapter;
- (6) the conduct of its business and for carrying out the provisions of laws of the United States and the state relating to
- (7) establishing the divisions and local offices and advisory groups necessary or considered expedient to carry out or
assist in carrying out a duty or power assigned to it;
- (8) the voluntary certification of laboratories to perform diagnostic, quality control, or enforcement analyses or
examinations based on recognized or tentative standards of performance relating to analysis and examination of food, including seafood, milk, water, and specimens from human beings submitted by licensed physicians and nurses for analysis;
- (9) the regulation of quality and purity of commercially compressed oxygen sold for human respiration;
- (10) [Repealed, Sec. 44 Ch 57 SLA 2005].
- (11) establishing confidentiality and security standards for information and records received under AS 18.15.355 - 18.15.395.
- (b) A regulation may not be adopted under (a) of this section that duplicates, conflicts with, or is inconsistent with AS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.