Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 5. Administration of Public Health and Related Laws
- Section 42. Access to Health Care Records.
previous: Section 40
next: Section 44
. , 18.05.046l Registry of Persons With Impairments; Use of the Registry of Persons With Impairments. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 54 SLA 2005]..
AS 18.05.042. Access to Health Care Records.
- (a) The department may, during reasonable business hours, inspect health care records maintained by physicians and other
health care professionals, hospitals, out-patient clinics, nursing homes, and other facilities or agencies providing
health care services to patients that would identify patients or establish characteristics of an identified patient
with cancer required to be reported under 42 U.S.C. 280e - 280e-4, or a birth defect or infectious disease required to
be reported to protect the public health under this chapter and regulations adopted under this chapter. Disclosure of
these health care records to the department does not constitute a breach of patient confidentiality.
- (b) The department may conduct research using health care data reported under (a) of this section. The department may
provide data obtained under (a) of this section to other persons for clinical, epidemiological, or other public health
- (c) Data obtained or a record inspected under this section that identifies a particular individual
- (1) is confidential;
- (2) may not be further disclosed to other persons except by the department under (b) of this section; and
- (3) is not subject to inspection or copying under AS 40.25.110
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.