Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 60. Safety
- Section 705. Plumbing Code.
previous: Section 695
next: Section 710
. Duties of the Department.
AS 18.60.705. Plumbing Code.
- (a) Except as provided otherwise in this section, and unless the department adopts by regulation a later edition of the
following publications or a later version of another nationally recognized code approved by the legislature by law, the
following publications are adopted as the minimum plumbing code for the state:
- (1) paragraphs 101.3 - 101.5.6, 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124,
and 103.8 - 103.8.2 of chapter 1, chapters 2 - 14, and the appendices A through L of the 1997 edition of the Uniform
Plumbing Code published by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and adopted at the 67th
annual conference, September 1996, excluding Table 4.1, "Minimum Plumbing Facilities"; and adding Appendix Chapter 29,
Table A - 29 - A, "Minimum Plumbing Fixtures," of the 1997 edition of the Uniform Building Code published in April 1997
by the International Council of Building Officials, except that for the category identified in Table A - 29 - A as
"Assembly places-Auditoriums, convention halls, dance floors, lodge rooms, stadiums and casinos," when the category is
applied to auditoriums, convention halls, stadiums, and casinos, the ratios
- (A) indicating the number of water closets required for females are changed to provide the following:
- (i) four water closets for 1 - 50 females;
- (ii) six water closets for 51 - 100 females;
- (iii) 10 water closets for 101 - 200 females;
- (iv) 14 water closets for 201 - 400 females; and
- (v) one additional water closet for each 100 females over 400 females; and
- (B) indicating the number of lavatories required for females and males are changed to
- (i) one lavatory for each water closet up to four water closets; and
- (ii) one additional lavatory for each two additional water closets beyond four water closets;
- (2) the 1997 edition of the Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa, and Hot Tub Code published by the International Association of
Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and adopted at the 67th annual conference, September 1996, excluding pages 1 - 8 of
Part I, Administration; and
- (3) the 1997 edition of the Uniform Solar Energy Code published by the International Association of Plumbing and
Mechanical Officials and adopted at the 67th annual conference, September 1996, excluding pages 1 - 7 of Part I,
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, the use of a pipe or pipe fitting containing more than 8.0 percent lead, or of
solder or flux containing more than 0.2 percent lead in the installation or repair of a public water system or in the
installation or repair of plumbing of a residential or nonresidential facility that provides water for human
consumption is prohibited. This subsection does not apply to the use of leaded joints necessary to repair cast iron
- (c) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, a single-wall heat exchanger may be used if
- (1) the heat transfer medium is water type or propylene type glycol;
- (2) the pressure of the heat transfer medium is limited to a maximum of 30 pounds per square inch by an approved safety
relief valve; and
- (3) the heat exchanger is prominently and permanently labeled with instructions concerning (1) and (2) of this subsection.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.