Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 18. Prohibition Against Discrimination Based On Sex or Race in Public Education
- Section 60. Discrimination in Textbooks and Instructional Materials Prohibited.
previous: Section 50
. Discrimination in Course Offerings Prohibited.
next: Section 70
. Affirmative Action.
AS 14.18.060. Discrimination in Textbooks and Instructional Materials Prohibited.
- (a) School boards shall have textbooks and instructional materials reviewed for evidence of sex bias in accordance with AS
(9) and AS 14.14.090
(7). School boards shall use educationally sound, unbiased texts and other instructional materials as they become
available. Nothing in this section prohibits use of literary works.
- (b) The board shall establish by regulation standards for nondiscriminatory textbooks and educational materials. Each
school board shall provide training for all its certificated personnel in the identification and recognition of
- (c) The Board of Regents shall establish and implement a policy under AS 14.40.170
(b) for the guidance of officers and employees of the university on the selection of nondiscriminatory textbooks and
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.