Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 8. Education in the Unorganized Borough
- Section 111. Duties.
previous: Section 110
. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 124 SLA 1975].
next: Section 115
. Advisory School Boards in Regional Educational Attendance Areas.
AS 14.08.111. Duties.
A regional school board shall
- (1) provide, during the school term of each year, an educational program for each school age child who is enrolled in or a
resident of the district;
- (2) develop a philosophy of education, principles, and goals for its schools;
- (3) approve the employment of the professional administrators, teachers, and noncertificated personnel necessary to
operate its schools;
- (4) establish the salaries to be paid its employees;
- (5) designate the employees authorized to direct disbursements from the school funds of the board;
- (6) submit the reports prescribed for all school districts;
- (7) provide for an annual audit in accordance with AS 14.14.050
- (8) provide custodial services and routine maintenance of school buildings and facilities;
- (9) establish procedures for the review and selection of all textbooks and instructional materials, including textbooks
and curriculum materials for statewide correspondence programs, before they are introduced into the school curriculum;
the review includes a review for violations of AS 14.18.060
; nothing in this paragraph precludes a correspondence study student, or the parent or guardian of a correspondence
study student, from privately obtaining or using textbooks or curriculum material not provided by the school district;
- (10) provide prospective employees with information relating to the availability and cost of housing in rural areas to
which they might be assigned, and, when possible, assist them in locating housing; however, nothing in this paragraph
requires a regional school board to provide teacher housing, whether owned, leased, or rented or otherwise provided by
the regional educational attendance area, nor does it require the board to engage in a subsidy program of any kind with
respect to teacher housing; and
- (11) train persons required to report under AS 47.17.020
, in the recognition and reporting of child abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse of a minor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.