Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 80. Uniform Electronic Transactions Act
- Section 10. Scope.
previous: Chapter 80
. Uniform Electronic Transactions Act
next: Section 20
. Use of Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures; Variation By Agreement.
AS 09.80.010. Scope.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in (b) and (c) of this section, this chapter applies to electronic records and electronic
signatures relating to a transaction.
- (b) This chapter does not apply to a transaction to the extent it is governed by
- (1) a law governing the creation and execution of wills, codicils, or testamentary trusts;
- (2) the Uniform Commercial Code other than AS 45.01.107
, 45.01.206, AS 45.02, and AS 45.12.
- (c) This chapter applies to a transaction governed by 15 U.S.C. 7001 - 7031 (Electronic Signatures in Global and National
Commerce Act), but this chapter is not intended to limit, modify, or supersede 15 U.S.C. 7001(c). To the extent
excluded from the scope of 15 U.S.C. 7001 - 7031 under 15 U.S.C. 7003, this chapter does not apply to a notice to the
extent that it is governed by a law requiring the furnishing of
- (1) any notice of
- (A) the cancellation or termination of utility services, including water, heat, and power;
- (B) default, acceleration, repossession, foreclosure, or eviction, or the right to cure, under a credit agreement secured
by, or a rental agreement for, a primary residence of an individual;
- (C) the cancellation or termination of health insurance or benefits or life insurance benefits, excluding annuities; or
- (D) recall of a product, or material failure of a product, that risks endangering health or safety; or
- (2) a document to accompany any transportation or handling of hazardous materials, pesticides, or other toxic or dangerous
- (d) This chapter applies to an electronic record or electronic signature otherwise excluded from the application of this
chapter under (b) or (c) of this section to the extent it is governed by a law other than those specified in (b) or (c)
of this section.
- (e) A transaction subject to this chapter is also subject to other applicable substantive law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.