Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 80. Uniform Electronic Transactions Act
- Section 20. Use of Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures; Variation By Agreement.
previous: Section 10
next: Section 30
. Construction and Application.
AS 09.80.020. Use of Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures; Variation By Agreement.
- (a) This chapter does not require a record or signature to be created, generated, sent, communicated, received, stored, or
otherwise processed or used by electronic means or in electronic form.
- (b) This chapter applies only to transactions between parties each of whom has agreed to conduct transactions by
electronic means. Whether the parties agree to conduct a transaction by electronic means is determined from the context
and surrounding circumstances, including the parties' conduct.
- (c) A party who agrees to conduct a transaction by electronic means may refuse to conduct other transactions by electronic
means. The right granted by this subsection may not be waived by agreement.
- (d) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the effect of any of the provisions of this chapter may be varied by
agreement. The presence in certain provisions of this chapter of the words "unless otherwise agreed," or words of
similar meaning, does not imply that the effect of other provisions may not be varied by agreement.
- (e) Whether an electronic record or electronic signature has legal consequences is determined by this chapter and other
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.