Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 45. Actions Relating to Real Property
- Section 899. Definitions.
previous: Section 896
next: Section 900
. Joining Unknown Heirs as Defendants in Real Property Suits.
AS 09.45.899. Definitions.
In AS 09.45.881
- (1) "action" means a civil action or an arbitration proceeding for damages or indemnification;
- (2) "claim" means a claim against a construction professional concerning a defect in the design, construction, or remodel
of a dwelling;
- (3) "claimant" means a person who owns or is purchasing a dwelling and who asserts a claim;
- (4) "construction professional" means a registered contractor, architect, or engineer who is engaged in the business of
designing, constructing, or remodeling a dwelling; in this paragraph, "contractor" has the meaning given in AS 08.18.171
- (5) "dwelling" means a single-family house, a duplex, or a multi-family housing unit, and the mechanical and other
systems, the other components, and all improvements that are part of the house, duplex, or housing unit when the
dwelling is constructed or remodeled; for purposes of this paragraph, "multi-family housing unit" means
- (A) an individual housing unit in a multi-family housing facility; and
- (B) the interest of the owner of an individual housing unit in the common areas and improvements of a multi-family housing
- (6) "multi-family housing facility" means a residential horizontal property regime organized under AS 34.07, a residential condominium organized under AS 34.08, and a residential cooperative organized under AS 10.15;
- (7) "remodel" means a change to a dwelling if the change has a value that is more than 25 percent of the value of the
structure being changed;
- (8) "serve" means to deliver by personal service or by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the last known address
of the addressee.
Article 12. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.