- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 540. Eligible Local Community Entities.
previous: Section 530
. Duties of Department.
next: Section 545
. Populations to Be Served.
AS 47.30.540. Eligible Local Community Entities.
- (a) A city or borough government or other political subdivision of the state, a nonprofit corporation, or a combination of
these, is eligible to receive funds and administer local programs under AS 47.30.520
- 47.30.620. In order to ensure equitable access to
funds and programs through the state, the department shall determine appropriate geographical areas to be served by
local programs in consultation with representatives of the geographical areas in question.
- (b) An entity designated by the department to receive money under AS 47.30.520 - 47.30.620 shall ensure a broad base of community support
as evidenced by a governing board reasonably representative of the professional, civic, and citizen groups in the
community and including persons with mental disorders or family members of persons with mental disorders. No more than
two members, or 40 percent of the membership, whichever is greater, may be providers of services under the program. In
order to receive money under AS 47.30.520
- 47.30.620, a local community entity shall agree
- (1) to give priority to mental health programs and services consistent with the priorities set out in AS 47.30.056
and that provide the maximum services for the least expenditure of money from the mental health trust settlement
- (2) to furnish services through a qualified staff meeting reasonable standards of experience and training;
- (3) to conform to a state cost accounting system showing the true cost of services rendered, collect fees for services
according to a schedule based on an analysis of reasonable ability to pay, and provide that a person may not be refused
services because of inability to pay for those services;
- (4) to maintain adequate clinical and administrative records and furnish periodic reports to the department;
- (5) to furnish the authority and the department an annual report of the preceding fiscal year, including an evaluation of
the effectiveness of the previous year's programs and their costs;
- (6) to furnish the authority and the department satisfactory needs assessments for the population and area it serves and
an annual update of a long-range planning and budget statement that describes program goals for the coming year, the
steps and resources necessary to implement the goals, the projected means by which these resources will be secured, and
the procedures necessary to evaluate the program;
- (7) to furnish the department with confidential and other information about recipients of services paid for, in whole or
part, under AS 47.30.520 - 47.30.620 and comply with regulations of the department
regarding the submission of this information; and
- (8) to notify the department immediately of emergency situations involving recipients of services paid for, in whole or in
part, under AS 47.30.520
- 47.30.620 and comply with regulations of the
department regarding this notification; for purposes of this paragraph, "emergency situations" include the
disappearance, injury, or death of a recipient.
- (c) Members of local governing boards may be reimbursed for necessary travel expenses incurred in the organization and
operation of local programs as may be determined by the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.