- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 530. Duties of Department.
previous: Section 523
. Community Mental Health Program Policy and Principles.
next: Section 540
. Eligible Local Community Entities.
AS 47.30.530. Duties of Department.
- (a) The department shall administer the provisions of AS 47.30.520
- 47.30.620 and shall
- (1) define and develop standards for various levels and qualities of mental health care;
- (2) provide fiscal and professional technical assistance in planning, organizing, developing, implementing, and
administering local mental health services;
- (3) develop budgets and receive and distribute state appropriations and funds in accordance with the provisions of AS 47.30.520
- (4) establish standards of education and experience for professional, technical, and administrative personnel employed in
community mental health services;
- (5) assist the community in establishing the organization and operation of community mental health services;
- (6) develop a standardized system for measuring and reporting to the department the types, quantities, and quality of
services; and develop a cost accounting system that will demonstrate the cost of various levels and qualities of care;
- (7) provide each local community planning and services delivery entity with statistics, reports, and other data relevant
to development of indices indicating the need for mental health services, or relevant to evaluating the effectiveness
of existing services;
- (8) review each local community plan and require each plan to include
- (A) an affirmative showing that the most effective and economic use will be made of all available public and private
resources in the community including careful consideration of the most effective and economic alternative forms and
patterns of services;
- (B) a five-year projection of needs, services, and resources; and
- (C) adequate provisions for review and evaluation of services provided in the local community;
- (9) adopt regulations and establish priorities, after consultation with local communities affected and in conjunction with
the Alaska Mental Health Board, that are necessary to carry out the purposes of AS 47.30.520 - 47.30.620.
- (b) In performing its duties under (a) of this section, the department shall coordinate with the Alaska Mental Health
Trust Authority established in AS 47.30.011
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.