- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 520. Legislative Purpose.
previous: Section 500
next: Section 523
. Community Mental Health Program Policy and Principles.
AS 47.30.520. Legislative Purpose.
It is the purpose of the Community Mental Health Services Act to
- (1) provide a range of community based inpatient, outpatient, and support services for persons with mental disorders;
- (2) assist communities in planning, organizing, and financing community mental health services through locally developed,
administered, and controlled community mental health programs;
- (3) better develop and use resources at both state and local levels;
- (4) develop and implement plans for comprehensive mental health services based on demonstrated need on a regional basis;
- (5) improve the effectiveness of existing mental health services;
- (6) integrate state-operated and community mental health programs into a unified mental health system;
- (7) ensure that consumers, families, and representatives of communities within mental health planning regions can
participate in planning for, determining the need for, and allocating mental health resources;
- (8) provide a means of allocating money available for state mental health services according to community needs;
- (9) encourage the full use of all existing public or private agencies, facilities, personnel, and funds to accomplish
these objectives; and
- (10) prevent unnecessary duplication and fragmentation of services and expenditures.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.