- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 66. Sale of Business Opportunities
- Section 200. Denial, Suspension, or Revocation of Registration.
previous: Section 190
. Public Records.
next: Section 210
. Criminal Penalties.
AS 45.66.200. Denial, Suspension, or Revocation of Registration.
- (a) Subject to the other requirements of this section and after reviewing a response submitted by the person under (b) of
this section, the department may issue an order denying, suspending, or revoking a registration or renewal of a
registration made by a person under AS 45.66.010 - 45.66.030, or prohibiting a person from selling or
offering to sell business opportunities, if the department finds that
- (1) the person failed to comply with this chapter or the regulations adopted under this chapter;
- (2) the sale or offer to sell would constitute, or has constituted, a misrepresentation of, deceit of, or fraud on the
- (3) the nature of the person's business enterprise or method of business or the nature or method of the business
opportunity includes activities that are illegal where performed;
- (4) the person failed to file a document, information, fee, or bond required by AS 45.66.010
- (5) the literature or advertising of the person or of another person recommended by the person is misleading, incorrect,
materially incomplete, or deceptive;
- (6) a person identified in the registration represents an unreasonable risk to the public interest and
- (A) has been convicted of
- (i) a felony or misdemeanor involving fraud, theft, embezzlement, fraudulent conversion, misappropriation of property, or
the use of untrue or misleading representations in the sale of or offer to sell or otherwise dispose of real or
- (ii) violations under this chapter, violations of AS 45.63
(solicitations by telephonic means), violations of AS 45.68
(charitable solicitations), or an unfair trade practice prohibited by AS 45.50.471
- 45.50.561, or a substantially similar law of
another jurisdiction; or
- (iii) a violation of securities or investment laws;
- (B) is subject to a final order or judgment against the person in a civil or administrative action, including a stipulated
order or judgment, if the complaint or petition in the action alleged acts constituting
- (i) a violation of this chapter or a substantially similar law of another jurisdiction;
- (ii) fraud, theft, embezzlement, fraudulent conversion, or misappropriation of real or personal property;
- (iii) the use of untrue or misleading representations in an offer to sell or dispose of real or personal property;
- (iv) the use of unfair trade practices under AS 45.50.471
- 45.50.561 or a substantially similar law of another
- (v) a violation of AS 45.63 or AS 45.68, or a substantially similar law of another jurisdiction; or
- (vi) a violation of securities or investment laws;
- (C) is subject to an injunction relating to business activity if the injunction resulted from an action brought by a
federal, state, or local public agency, including an action related to an occupational license under AS 08.
- (b) Before issuing an order to a person under (a) of this section, the department shall send by certified mail to the
address set out in the person's registration or renewal of registration a notice of intent to issue the order. In the
notice, the department shall provide the facts supporting the denial, suspension, or revocation of the registration or
renewal of the registration. The person may respond to the notice by submitting a statement signed under penalty of
perjury by the person or by an owner or officer of the person.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.