- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 88. Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority
- Section 95. Bonding Limitations.
previous: Section 90
. Bonds of the Authority.
next: Section 100
. Trust Indentures and Trust Agreements.
AS 44.88.095. Bonding Limitations.
- (a) The authority may not issue bonds in a 12-month period in an amount that exceeds $400,000,000.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 24 ch 123 SLA 1990].
- (c) Before entering into a lease or other agreement under AS 44.88.090(e) regarding a project for which the authority
agrees to issue bonds in an amount in excess of $6,000,000, there must be filed with the authority a certified copy of
a resolution of the governing body of the political subdivision of the state, if any, in which the project is to be
located, consenting to the location of the project. The consent need only refer to the general nature of the project
ultimately to be acquired, as set out in a request of the proposed project applicant. Before entering into a lease or
other agreement under AS 44.88.090
(e) regarding a project, the authority shall find, on the basis of all information reasonably available to it, that
- (1) the project and its development under this chapter will be economically advantageous to the state and the general
public welfare and will contribute to the economic growth of the state;
- (2) the project applicant is financially responsible;
- (3) provision to meet increased demand upon public facilities that might result from the project is reasonably assured;
- (4) the project will provide, or retain, employment reasonably related to the amount of the financing by the authority,
considering the amount of investment per employee for comparable facilities and other relevant factors.
- (d) Before adopting a resolution approving a project to be financed under AS 44.88.172
for which bonds must be issued, the authority shall, on the basis of all information reasonably available to it, make
findings, with respect to the project, as described in (c)(1) - (4) of this section, and also find that
- (1) the project is economically and financially feasible and able to produce revenue adequate to repay the bonds or loans
with which it is financed;
- (2) the project complies with applicable law; and
- (3) issuance of the bonds is not expected to adversely affect the ability of the state or any political subdivision of the
state to market other bonds.
- (e) Before entering into an agreement to finance or to develop a proposed project financed under AS 44.88.172
for which bonds must be issued, the authority shall obtain the approval of each Regional Resource Advisory Council
appointed under AS 44.88.174
or municipality in the area in which the proposed project is to be located. Approval under this subsection must be
evidenced by a certified copy of a resolution of the council or of the governing body of the municipality. Before
considering a resolution regarding the approval or rejection of the development or financing of a proposed project
under this subsection, a Regional Resource Advisory Council shall conduct a public hearing in the region. If a proposed
project is located in a municipality, the governing body of the municipality shall conduct a hearing on the proposed
- (f) Before entering into an agreement to finance or to develop a proposed project financed under AS 44.88.172
for which bonds must be issued, the authority shall compile and make available to the public a document that
summarizes the projected economic, social, and environmental effects of the project; and, in conjunction with the
Department of Fish and Game, the Department of Natural Resources, the Department of Environmental Conservation, and the
Department of Labor and Workforce Development, the authority shall conduct a public hearing on the projected effects of
- (g) Before July 1, 2007, the authority may issue bonds in an amount greater than $10,000,000 to assist in the financing of
a development project under AS 44.88.172
- 44.88.177 only with legislative approval. Beginning
July 1, 2007, and thereafter, without prior legislative approval, the authority may not issue bonds, except refunding
and conduit revenue bonds.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.