- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 88. Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority
- Section 174. Regional Resource Advisory Council.
previous: Section 173
. Finance Plan.
next: Section 175
. Requirements Prior to Approval of Projects. [Repealed, Sec. 23 Ch 123 SLA 1990].
AS 44.88.174. Regional Resource Advisory Council.
- (a) Within 30 days after the authority adopts a resolution certifying that a project in the unorganized borough is
eligible for financing under AS 44.88.172
, the governor shall appoint a Regional Resource Advisory Council in the area of the state where the project is to be
located and for which a regional housing authority has been established under AS 18.55.996
. The purpose of a council is to assist the authority in reviewing a project that has been proposed for development in
its area of the state.
- (b) A Regional Resource Advisory Council consists of five members registered to vote in the region. The governor shall
appoint the members to reflect the economic and geographic diversity of the region. Council members serve three-year
terms at the pleasure of the governor, except that the initial members may be appointed for less than three years so
that the term of at least one of the members expires each year. The governor shall appoint a chairperson who shall call
meetings as required and preside over the deliberations of the council. A majority of the council constitutes a quorum
for conducting the business of the council.
- (c) Members of a Regional Resource Advisory Council do not receive compensation for their services on the council, but are
entitled to per diem and travel expenses authorized by law for state boards and commissions under AS 39.20.180
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.