Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) "adjustment clause" means a mechanism designed to recover changes in gas, fuel, and purchased power expenses; "adjustment clause" includes COPAs and GCAs;
(2) "affiliated interest" has the meaning given in AS 42.05.990 ;
(3) "base cost of gas" means a rate component that
(A) is used in the calculation of the GCA;
(B) reflects the gas cost per Mcf; and
(C) is included in the utility's base rates for gas service;
(4) "base cost of power" means a rate component that
(A) is used in the calculation of the COPA;
(B) reflects the cost per kilowatt-hour of fuel and purchased power; and
(C) is included in the utility's base rates for electric service;
(5) "base rates" means the utility's currently effective rates for gas or electric service as authorized by the commission in the utility's last general rate case;
(6) "COPA" means a cost-of-power adjustment for an electric utility;
(7) "GCA" means a gas cost adjustment for a gas utility;
(8) "general rate case" means a proceeding, initiated by a filing with supporting information described in 3 AAC 48.275, in which the commission reviews a utility's costs and revenues to establish the utility's base rates and adjustment clause methodology;
(9) "Mcf" or "Mcf of gas" means one thousand cubic feet of gas measured at 60 degrees Fahrenheit and 14.65 pounds per square inch, absolute;
(10) "station service" means kilowatt-hour consumption by the utility to run the power house.
History: Eff. 1/11/2004, Register 169
Authority: AS 42.05.141
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006