- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 45. Older Alaskans
- Section 302. Cash Assistance Benefits.
previous: Section 301
. Alaska Senior Benefit Payment Program.
next: Section 302
AS 47.45.302. Cash Assistance Benefits.
- (a) An individual is eligible for a cash assistance benefit under the program if the individual
- (1) is 65 years of age or older;
- (2) is a resident of the state;
- (3) has a household income that does not exceed 175 percent of the annual federal poverty line for
Alaska, as determined by the United States Department of Health and Human Services and revised under 42 U.S.C. 9902(2);
- (4) has not received a longevity bonus payment under AS 47.45.010 - 47.45.160 for the same period; and
- (5) applies on a form provided by the department; the department may use an abbreviated form for an
individual who received a payment under an assistance program for seniors that paid $120 a month and was administered by
the department on or before the effective date of this section.
- (b) An eligible individual shall receive a monthly cash assistance payment beginning on August 1,
2007, as follows:
- (1) $250 if the individual's household income does not exceed 75 percent of the federal poverty line
- (2) $175 if the individual's household income does not exceed 100 percent but is above 75 percent of
the federal poverty line for Alaska;
- (3) $125 if the individual's household income does not exceed 175 percent but is above 100 percent
of the federal poverty line for Alaska.
- (c) Cash assistance provided under this section is subject to appropriation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.