- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 25. Public Assistance
- Section 195. Payment to Facilities For Treatment of Needy Persons.
previous: Section 190
. Payment to Guardians.
next: Section 200
. Review of Eligibility.
AS 47.25.195. Payment to Facilities For Treatment of Needy Persons.
- (a) The department may make payments to a health facility for the treatment of a needy person.
- (b) Except as provided in (e) of this section, a health facility receiving a payment under this chapter is subject to the
requirements of AS 47.07.070
- (c) Except as provided in (e) of this section, if insufficient money is appropriated to fund medical assistance under AS
- 47.25.300 when taking into consideration projected
use and the health facility payment rates established in accordance with (b) of this section, the department may, by
regulation, establish at any time in the fiscal year a prospective pro rata reduction of the facilities' established
payment rates that will be paid by the department for services provided by facilities under AS 47.25.120
- (d) Notwithstanding (a) - (c) of this section, the department may enter into agreements with a facility to provide
services at a payment rate lower than the rate established in accordance with (b) of this section, except that the
department may not enter into an agreement with an assisted living home to provide services at a daily reimbursement
rate lower than $70.
- (e) Notwithstanding other provisions of this section and the provisions of AS 47.07, if the assistance provided to a needy person under AS 47.25.120
- 47.25.300 includes the initiation or continuation
of placement of the person in an assisted living home at the state's expense, the department's minimum daily
reimbursement rate to the assisted living home for the person is $70. This minimum rate is not subject to reduction
under (c) of this section. The department may, under its regulations and under the procedures of AS 47.07.070
- 47.07.075, provide for a daily rate higher than $70
if the care provided to the needy person in the assisted living home justifies the higher reimbursement. A daily rate
higher than $70 for assisted living homes may be reduced under (c) of this section, but not below $70.
- (f) For purposes of this section,
- (1) "assisted living home" means an assisted living home licensed under AS 47.32;
- (2) "health facility" includes a hospital, skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, intermediate care
facility for the mentally retarded, rehabilitation facility, inpatient psychiatric facility, home health agency, rural
health clinic, and outpatient surgical clinic.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.