- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 25. Public Assistance
- Section 300. Definitions.
previous: Section 290
. Penalty For Violation.
next: Section 301
. - 47.25.420. Aid to Families With Dependent Children Act. [Repealed, Sec. 48, 49, 59 Ch 107 SLA 1996].
AS 47.25.300. Definitions.
In AS 47.25.120
- (1) "assistance" means financial assistance to or on behalf of a needy person, including subsistence (food, shelter, fuel,
clothing, and utilities) and transportation, medical needs (including, but not limited to, hospitalization, nursing,
and convalescent care), burial, and other determined needs;
- (2) "department" means the Department of Health and Social Services;
- (3) "needy person" means a needy resident of the state who is not eligible for aid from another public agency or
department providing similar services in the state;
- (4) "public medical institution" means a public hospital or medical institution, except an institution for the treatment
of tuberculosis or mental disease.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.