- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 7. Medical Assistance For Needy Persons
- Section 75. Administrative Procedure.
previous: Section 74
. Audits and Inspections.
next: Section 80
. [Renumbered as AS 47.07.900
AS 47.07.075. Administrative Procedure.
- (a) Actions of the department regarding health facility payment rates under this chapter and AS 47.25.120
- 47.25.300 are subject to provisions of AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) except as provided in (b) of
- (b) The commissioner shall, by regulation, establish time limits applicable to the various phases of an administrative
appeal process involving an appeal of the amount of a payment rate set by the department for a facility. The time
limits set under the regulations supersede conflicting time limits in AS 44.62.330
- 44.62.630. The regulations must provide that
- (1) a hearing for an appeal described in this subsection must be scheduled under AS 44.62.410
to occur no more than 120 days after written notice of rate appeal has been received by the department from a facility
unless the facility requests a delay or good cause for the delay is demonstrated to the satisfaction of the hearing
- (2) the commissioner must, within 30 days after receiving the recommendation of the hearing officer, either render a
decision in the case or refer the case back to a hearing officer for additional findings;
- (3) if either time limit set under (1) or (2) of this subsection is not met, the department shall report the noncompliance
to the legislature and the governor by the following January 20 with an explanation of the length of delay, reasons for
the delay, and proposed corrective action by the department to ameliorate the causes of delay.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.