- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 7. Medical Assistance For Needy Persons
- Section 900. Definitions.
previous: Section 110
. - 47-07-190l Medicaid Rate Advisory Commission [Repealed, Sec. 6 Ch 28 SLA 2003].
next: Chapter 8
. Assistance For Catastrophic Illness and Chronic or Acute Medical Conditions
AS 47.07.900. Definitions.
In this chapter
- (1) [Effective July 1, 2009]. "adult dental services" means minimum treatment for the immediate relief of pain and acute infection provided by a
- (2) "advanced nurse practitioner services" means services furnished by a person who is certified as an advanced nurse
practitioner under AS 08.68.410 that are within the
scope of the person's certified authority, whether or not the person is under the supervision of, or associated with, a
physician or other health care provider;
- (3) "chiropractic services" includes only services that are provided by a chiropractor licensed under AS 08.20 that consist of treatment by means of manual manipulation of
the spine and x-rays necessary for treatment;
- (4) "clinic services" means services provided by state-approved outpatient community mental health clinics that receive
grants under AS 47.30.520 - 47.30.620, state-operated community mental health
clinics, outpatient surgical care centers, and physician clinics;
- (5) "clinical social workers' services" means clinical social work services provided by a person licensed as a clinical
social worker under AS 08.95;
- (6) [Repealed, Sec. 6 ch 28 SLA 2003].
- (7) "department" means the Department of Health and Social Services;
- (8) "emergency hospital services" means services that
- (A) are necessary to prevent the death or serious impairment of the health of the individual; and
- (B) because of the threat to the life or health of the individual, necessitate the use of the most accessible hospital
available that is equipped to furnish the services, even if the hospital does not currently meet
- (i) the conditions for participation under Medicare; or
- (ii) the definitions of inpatient or outpatient hospital services under 42 C.F.R. 440.10 and 440.20;
- (9) "emotionally disturbed or chronically mentally ill adults" and "severely emotionally disturbed persons under age 21"
include only persons who receive mental health services from an entity that has a contract to provide community mental
health services under AS 47.30.520
- (10) "eyeglasses" are lenses, including frames when necessary, and other aids to vision prescribed by a physician skilled
in diseases of the eye, or by an optometrist, whichever the patient may select, to aid or improve vision;
- (11) "health facility" includes a
- (A) hospital, skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, intermediate care
facility for the mentally retarded, rehabilitation facility, inpatient psychiatric facility, home health agency, rural
health clinic, and outpatient surgical clinic; and
- (B) birthing center if birthing centers are authorized for coverage under the state plan approved
under AS 47.07.040 by the United States Department of
Health and Human Services;
- (12) "hospice care" means services to a terminally ill individual of the type and under the circumstances described in 42
U.S.C. 1396d(o), as amended, and applicable federal regulations;
- (13) "midwife services" means services within the practice of midwifery, as defined in AS 08.65.190
, that are performed by a certified direct-entry midwife and miscellaneous fees, other than facility fees, for birth
kits, oxygen, and other ancillary expenses necessary for a birth attended by a certified direct-entry midwife;
- (14) "nurse midwife" means a registered professional nurse who is certified as an advanced nurse practitioner under AS 08.68.410
(1) and authorized to practice as a nurse midwife under regulations adopted in accordance with AS 08.68.410
- (15) "personal care services in a recipient's home" means services authorized under a service plan in accordance with
applicable federal and state law;
- (16) "psychologists' services" means services within the practice of psychology provided by a person licensed as a
psychologist or psychological associate under AS 08.86;
- (17) "rehabilitative services" means services for substance abusers and emotionally disturbed or chronically mentally ill
adults provided by
- (A) a drug or alcohol treatment center that is funded with a grant under AS 47.30.475
- (B) an outpatient community mental health clinic that has a contract to provide community mental health services under AS
- (18) "substance abuser" means a person who
- (A) is an alcoholic, as defined in AS 47.37.270
- (B) participates in inhalant abuse, as defined in AS 47.37.270
- (C) misuses illegal or prescription drugs;
- (19) "targeted case management services" means services for populations designated by the department in regulation that
will assist individuals eligible for medical assistance under this chapter in gaining access to needed medical, social,
educational, or other services provided to persons through the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.