- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 7. Medical Assistance For Needy Persons
- Section 70. Payment Rates For Health Facilities.
previous: Section 65
. Payment For Prescribed Drugs.
next: Section 71
. Reports By Health Facilities.
AS 47.07.070. Payment Rates For Health Facilities.
- (a) The department shall, by regulation, set rates of payment for health facilities under this chapter and AS 47.25.120
- 47.25.300 in accordance with 42 U.S.C. 1396 (Title
XIX, Social Security Act, Medical Assistance) and this section. A rate established under this section takes effect
under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) but not until
approved in writing by the commissioner. The commissioner may delegate the performance of these functions.
- (b) In determining the rates of payment for health facilities for a fiscal year, the department shall, within the limit of
appropriations made by the legislature for the department's programs under this chapter and under AS 47.25.120
- 47.25.300 for that fiscal year, including
anticipated available federal revenue for that fiscal year, set rates for facilities that are based on
- (1) reasonable costs related to patient care; and
- (2) audit and inspection results and reports, when the audit or inspection is conducted under AS 47.07.074
- (c) This section does not apply to the minimum daily reimbursement rate specified by law under AS 47.24.017
or AS 47.25.195
(e) for assisted living homes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.