- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 18. Programs and Services Related to Adolescents
- Section 10. Development of Statewide Plan.
previous: Chapter 18
. Programs and Services Related to Adolescents
next: Section 50
. Public Awareness Campaign.
AS 47.18.010. Development of Statewide Plan.
- (a) With the advice of the Alaska Human Relations Commission, the department shall develop a comprehensive statewide plan
to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of state programs that relate to the prevention of adolescent pregnancy and
the provision of services to adolescent parents and their children under AS 47.18.100
- 47.18.140, and to peer counseling under AS 47.18.200
- (b) The plan developed under (a) of this section must
- (1) review and include existing programs and services of state government;
- (2) examine and consider the achievements and experiences of projects that are similar to those authorized under AS 47.18.100
- 47.18.140 and 47.18.200;
- (3) give priority to the consolidation and improvement of existing programs;
- (4) make recommendations with regard to the need for new or expanded programs and services within the existing level of
- (5) consider the findings and recommendations of the Alaska's Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenthood Task Force; and
- (6) make recommendations concerning the incremental implementation of the plan.
- (c) The Department of Education and Early Development, the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development,
and the Department of Labor and Workforce Development shall assist the department in developing the plan required under
(a) of this section. In addition, through appropriate means, the department shall solicit advice from teens, parents,
educators, school administrators, taxpayers, civic groups, community organizations, Native organizations, officials of
local governments, religious institutions, and other concerned persons about how state programs can be coordinated and
operated in a manner that will enhance their effectiveness and efficiency in addressing the many needs associated with
adolescent parenting, the prevention of adolescent pregnancies, and the provision of adolescent peer counseling.
Article 02. PUBLIC INFORMATION ABOUT PROGRAMS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.