- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 18. Programs and Services Related to Adolescents
- Section 50. Public Awareness Campaign.
previous: Section 10
. Development of Statewide Plan.
next: Section 100
. State Funding Authorized.
AS 47.18.050. Public Awareness Campaign.
- (a) The department shall develop and implement statewide a continuing public awareness campaign, including appropriate
public forums and workshops, radio and television public service announcements, and press releases designed to
- (1) communicate to the public the scope and magnitude of the adolescent pregnancy and parenthood problem in the state;
- (2) encourage community activities that will educate adults and adolescents about the importance of reducing adolescent
- (3) enlist the active support and involvement of members of the public and community organizations in the development and
implementation of community based programs and activities to reduce adolescent pregnancy and assist adolescent parents
in obtaining needed educational, vocational, and parenting skills.
- (b) A primary policy and objective of the public awareness campaign required under (a) of this section shall be to
encourage adolescents to abstain from premarital sexual intimacy.
Article 03. ADOLESCENT PREGNANCY PROJECTS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.