- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 8. Assistance For Catastrophic Illness and Chronic or Acute Medical Conditions
- Section 50. Services Excluded From Coverage.
previous: Section 40
. Applications For Assistance.
next: Section 60
. Calculation of Applicant's Share.
AS 47.08.050. Services Excluded From Coverage.
Annually, the committee shall determine in light of appropriated funds and expected need the medical expenses
reimbursable under AS 47.08.010
- 47.08.140, except that the following are not
- (1) dentistry and optometry unless prescribed by a licensed dentist or physician as medically necessary as the result of
the injury or illness;
- (2) elective medical or surgical procedures;
- (3) drugs and medications not prescribed by a licensed physician;
- (4) services received as a result of a pregnancy or birth without unusual complications;
- (5) private psychological or psychiatric treatment or private alcoholism treatment, unless not available from public
agencies or programs;
- (6) chiropractic services and services provided by a person who practices naturopathy;
- (7) services not of a medical nature;
- (8) medical services currently provided to persons in the custody of the Department of Corrections;
- (9) costs incurred before July 1976.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.