- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 8. Assistance For Catastrophic Illness and Chronic or Acute Medical Conditions
- Section 10. Reimbursement of Providers.
previous: Chapter 8
. Assistance For Catastrophic Illness and Chronic or Acute Medical Conditions
next: Section 20
. Catastrophic Illness Committee.
AS 47.08.010. Reimbursement of Providers.
- (a) Subject to (b) of this section, under AS 47.08.010
- 47.08.140, the Department of Health and Social
Services may reimburse providers of medical care for unpaid costs incurred in the treatment of a person suffering an
illness or accident that results in financial catastrophe to the person or the person's family.
- (b) At the beginning of each fiscal year, the commissioner of health and social services shall determine whether
sufficient appropriations have been made for the anticipated costs of services to needy persons under AS 47.08.150
and the anticipated costs of reimbursements under (a) of this section. The Department of Health and Social Services
may not accept applications for reimbursement under (a) of this section for a fiscal year if, at the beginning of the
fiscal year the department determines that
- (1) there are insufficient funds appropriated for the anticipated costs of services for needy persons under AS 47.08.150
- (2) after subtracting anticipated costs under AS 47.08.150
, there are insufficient funds appropriated for anticipated reimbursements under (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.