- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 5. Administration of Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Section 290. Definitions.
previous: Section 240
. Exclusion From Medical Assistance Programs.
next: Section 300
AS 47.05.290. Definitions.
In AS 47.05.200
- (1) "benefit" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
- (2) "claim" includes a request for payment for medical assistance services under applicable state or federal law or
regulations, whether the request is in an electronic format or paper format or both;
- (3) "commissioner" means the commissioner of health and social services;
- (4) "department" means the Department of Health and Social Services;
- (5) "falsely alters" has the meaning given in AS 11.46.580
- (6) "knowingly" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
- (7) "makes a false entry" has the meaning given in AS 11.56.820
- (8) "medical assistance agency" means the department, an agency of the department, and an agent, contractor, or designee
of the department or of one of its agencies that performs one or more of the activities of the department or an agency
of the department;
- (9) "medical assistance program" means a program under AS 47.07 or
- (10) "medical assistance provider" or "provider" means a person or organization that provides, attempts to provide, or
claims to have provided services or products to a medical assistance recipient that may qualify for reimbursement under
AS 47.07 or AS 47.08 or a person or organization that participates in or has
applied to participate in a medical assistance program as a supplier of a service or product;
- (11) "medical assistance recipient" means a person on whose behalf another claims or receives a payment from a medical
assistance agency, without regard to whether the individual was eligible for benefits under a medical assistance
- (12) "medical assistance record" means records required to be kept by state or federal law or regulation regarding claims
to a medical assistance agency;
- (13) "organization" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
- (14) "person" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
- (15) "property" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
- (16) "reckless disregard" means acting recklessly, as that term is defined in AS 11.81.900
- (17) "services" or "medical assistance services" means a health care benefit that may qualify for reimbursement under AS 47.07 or AS 47.08, including health care benefits provided, attempted to be
provided, or claimed to have been provided to another, by a medical assistance provider, or "services" as defined in AS
- (18) "unconditional discharge" has the meaning given in AS 12.55.185
Article 03. CRIMINAL HISTORY; REGISTRY
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.