- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 5. Administration of Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Section 85. Subpoena Power.
previous: Section 80
. Recovery of Overpayments.
next: Section 90
. Authorization of the Interstate Compact On Adoption and Medical Assistance.
AS 47.05.085. Subpoena Power.
- (a) The commissioner or the commissioner's designee at the director level may issue subpoenas to compel the production of
books, papers, correspondence, memoranda, and other records considered necessary as evidence in connection with an
investigation under or the administration of AS 47.07 (medical
assistance), AS 47.08 (assistance for catastrophic illnesses and
acute or chronic medical conditions), AS 47.25 (day care
assistance, child care grants, general relief, adult public assistance, and food stamps), and AS 47.27 (Alaska temporary assistance program).
- (b) In case of refusal to obey a subpoena issued to any person under (a) of this section, the superior court may, upon
application by the department, issue an order requiring the person to appear before the department to produce evidence
if ordered. Failure to obey the order of the court is punishable as contempt.
- (c) A person who, without just cause, fails or refuses to produce books, papers, correspondence, memoranda, and other
records, if it is in the person's power to do so, in obedience to a subpoena of the department or an authorized
representative of it, upon conviction, is punishable by a fine of not more than $200, or by imprisonment for not more
than 60 days, or by both. Each day the failure or refusal continues is a separate offense.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.