- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 40. The Alaska Coastal Management Program
- Section 10. Development of Alaska Coastal Management Program.
previous: Chapter 40
. The Alaska Coastal Management Program
next: Section 20
AS 46.40.010. Development of Alaska Coastal Management Program.
- (a) The department shall approve, in accordance with this chapter, the Alaska coastal management program.
- (b) The department may approve the Alaska coastal management program for a portion or portions of the coastal area before
approving the complete program under (a) of this section. Portions of the program approved under this subsection shall
be incorporated into the Alaska coastal management program.
- (c) The Alaska coastal management program shall be reviewed by the department and, when appropriate, revised to
- (1) add newly approved district coastal management plans, or revisions and amendments to the Alaska coastal management
- (2) integrate newly approved district coastal management plans, or revisions and amendments of district coastal management
plans, with existing approved plans and with plans developed by state agencies;
- (3) add new or revised state statutes, policies, regulations, or other appropriate material;
- (4) review the effectiveness of implementation of district coastal management plans; and
- (5) consider new information acquired by the state and coastal resource districts.
- (d) All reviews and revisions shall be in accordance with the statewide standards and district plan criteria adopted under
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.