- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 40. The Alaska Coastal Management Program
- Section 20. Objectives.
previous: Section 10
. Development of Alaska Coastal Management Program.
next: Section 30
. Development of District Coastal Management Plans.
AS 46.40.020. Objectives.
The Alaska coastal management program shall be consistent with the following objectives:
- (1) the use, management, restoration, and enhancement of the overall quality of the coastal environment;
- (2) the development of industrial or commercial enterprises that are consistent with the social, cultural, historic,
economic, and environmental interests of the people of the state;
- (3) the orderly, balanced utilization and protection of the resources of the coastal area consistent with sound
conservation and sustained yield principles;
- (4) the management of coastal land and water uses in such a manner that, generally, those uses which are economically or
physically dependent on a coastal location are given higher priority when compared to uses which do not economically or
physically require a coastal location;
- (5) the protection and management of significant historic, cultural, natural, and aesthetic values and natural systems or
processes within the coastal area;
- (6) the prevention of damage to or degradation of land and water reserved for their natural values as a result of
inconsistent land or water usages adjacent to that land;
- (7) the recognition of the need for a continuing supply of energy to meet the requirements of the state and the
contribution of a share of the state's resources to meet national energy needs; and
- (8) the full and fair evaluation of all demands on the land and water in the coastal area.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.