- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 75. Weights and Measures Act
- Section 50. Adoption of Regulations.
previous: Section 40
. General Powers and Duties of Director.
next: Section 60
. Office and Working Standards and Equipment.
AS 45.75.050. Adoption of Regulations.
- (a) The director shall adopt regulations for the enforcement of this chapter under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act). These have the effect of law.
- (b) The regulations may include
- (1) standards of net weight, measure, or count, and reasonable standards of fill, for a commodity in package form;
- (2) rules governing the technical and reporting procedures to be followed, and the report and record forms and marks of
approval and rejection to be used by inspectors of weights and measures in the discharge of their official duties;
- (3) exemptions from the sealing or marking requirements of AS 45.75.120 for weights and measures of a character or size
that sealing or marking would be inappropriate, impracticable, or damaging to the apparatus in question;
- (4) for classes of weights and measures of a character that retesting is unnecessary to continued accuracy, exemptions
from the requirements of AS 45.75.070
and 45.75.080 for testing, and schedules fixing the
frequency of required retests for classes of devices exempted; and
- (5) in the implementation of AS 19.10.060
(b), provisions governing the size, weight, and load limitations established under AS 19.10.060
; the issuance of permits for overweight and oversize vehicles; and the operation of weigh stations.
- (c) The regulations must include specifications, tolerance, and regulations for weights and measures of the character of
those specified in AS 45.75.080
, designed to eliminate from use, without prejudice to apparatus that conforms as closely as practicable to the
official standards, those that
- (1) are not accurate;
- (2) are of such construction that they are not reasonably permanent in their adjustment or will not repeat their
indications correctly; or
- (3) facilitate the perpetration of fraud.
- (d) The specifications, tolerances, and regulations for commercial weighing and measuring devices, together with
amendments to them, as recommended by the National Bureau of Standards or its successor organization, the National
Institute of Standards and Technology, and published in the National Bureau of Standards or its successor organization,
the National Institute of Standards and Technology, Handbook 44 and supplements to it, or in any publication revising
or superseding Handbook 44, are the specifications, tolerances, and regulations for commercial weighing and measuring
devices of the state, except as specifically modified, amended, or rejected by a regulation adopted by the director.
- (e) For the purposes of this chapter, apparatus is correct when it conforms to the requirements adopted in accordance with
this section; other apparatus is considered incorrect.
- (f) The director shall adopt regulations establishing reasonable fees for testing, inspection, and other services provided
under this chapter, and procedures for collecting the fees.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.