- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 75. Weights and Measures Act
- Section 80. General Testing.
previous: Section 70
. Testing and Inspection of Local Standards and Weights and Measures at State-Supported Institutions.
next: Section 90
AS 45.75.080. General Testing.
- (a) The director may inspect and test, to ascertain if they are correct, all weights and measures kept, offered, or
exposed for sale. The director shall, at least annually and more often as considered necessary, inspect and test, to
ascertain if they are correct, all weights and measures commercially used in
- (1) determining the weight, measurement, or count of commodities or things sold, or offered or exposed for sale, on the
basis of weight or of measure;
- (2) computing the basic charge or payment for services rendered on the basis of weight or of measure or count; or
- (3) determining weight or measurement when a charge is made for this determination.
- (b) However, in the case of single-service devices, that is, devices designed to be used commercially only once and to be
then discarded, and in the case of devices uniformly mass-produced, as by means of a mold or die, and not susceptible
of individual adjustment, the inspection and testing of each individual device is not required and the inspecting and
testing requirements of this section are satisfied when inspections and tests are made on representative samples of the
devices. The lots from which representative samples are inspected and tested are held correct or incorrect upon the
basis of the results of the inspections and tests on the samples.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.