Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 10. State Highway System
- Section 60. Size, Weight, and Load Provisions; Restriction On Use of Highways; Regulations.
previous: Section 52
. [Renumbered as AS 19.20.017
next: Section 65
. Operation of Farm Equipment On Highways.
AS 19.10.060. Size, Weight, and Load Provisions; Restriction On Use of Highways; Regulations.
- (a) The department, with respect to highways under its jurisdiction, may
- (1) establish limitations on weight, size, and load of vehicles, except as otherwise provided in AS 19.10.065
- (2) prohibit the operation or impose restrictions on vehicular use of highways during certain seasons of the year.
- (b) The department shall operate motor vehicle weighing stations, issue special written permits authorizing the operation
of overweight and oversize vehicles, establish fees for the overweight and oversize vehicle special permits, enforce
the size, weight, and load limitations adopted under this section, and establish regulations relating to pilot car
services and the enforcement of the size, weight, and load limitations adopted under this section.
- (c) Except for requirements relating to a commercial motor vehicle driver's licensing program under AS 28, the department shall adopt regulations under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) that are necessary to implement
requirements imposed by federal statute or regulation that relate to commercial motor vehicles and that are necessary
to avoid loss or withholding of federal highway money.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.