Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 10. State Highway System
- Section 65. Operation of Farm Equipment On Highways.
previous: Section 60
. Size, Weight, and Load Provisions; Restriction On Use of Highways; Regulations.
next: Section 70
. Speed Limits and Zones.
AS 19.10.065. Operation of Farm Equipment On Highways.
- (a) Implements of husbandry, as defined by regulation under AS 28.05.011, are not subject to restrictions adopted under
AS 19.10.060(a)(1) unless the implement is the load of
another vehicle. Implements of husbandry may be operated on highways subject to the department's jurisdiction without
obtaining a permit, as provided in this section.
- (b) The incidental operation of an implement of husbandry up to 12 feet wide on a state highway is authorized without a
permit if the implement
- (1) is operated only during the period from one-half hour after sunrise to one-half hour before sunset;
- (2) displays a slow-moving vehicle emblem on the rear of the implement;
- (3) displays a red flag on the implement in a location that affords greatest visibility; and
- (4) is moving from one farm operation to another within 50 miles of the home base of the implement of husbandry.
- (c) An implement of husbandry that is more than 12 feet wide may be operated on a state highway without a permit if it
meets the provisions of (b) of this section and is preceded by a pilot car during operation on the highway.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.